Friday, March 15, 2013

Sorting and Cleaning

Sorting and cleaning my art room again.  After a few to a couple art projects, my room needs to be cleaned up:  waste basket cleaned out;  I put a plastic bag inside my basket, so when I want to clean it, I just grab the bag and out to the garbage it goes.  I reo-sort my charcoal, black markers, white pens, clean my paintbrushes in the sink (usually I let them sit in water in a cup which I know is not good for the bristles and wood handles, but that is all I can manage at the time), put supplies back in baskets and on shelves so that I can start over again.  Her I am sorting through paints, deciding if I have too many, which are really really my favorite colors, throwing away the dried out bottles, giving away any if need to. 

GIVEAWAY:  That is another thing I want to talk about.  I am doing a new thing.  I am trying to use all that I have which I consider alot.  If and when I am using an item, and I don't care for it personally myself, I put it in a bag.  Recently, I had tons of stuff and I offered it on Freecycle.  A gal who is an artist and just moved back to the area needed "stuff" so she came and took all the stuff I had which was alot; she and her boyfriend hauled off about 6 armloads of bags and miscellaneous items.  So GIVEAWAY stuff that you know you will not use.  That way, if I am using say a dauber of a colored paint that I don't like, I put it in the bag.  Now I do realize that maybe a month later I will have wished I kept it, but you know, you can do that with everything.  I am coming down to what my favorite stuff is:

1.   Gesso-white and clear
2.   Gel medium-matte-heavy and soft by Golden
3.  water soluble oil pastels
4.   charcoal
5.   white markers and black markers different sizes
6.   certain colors of acrylics
7.   watercolor paper, canvas, canvas board
8.   Prisma colored pencils
9.   watercolors
10.  antique papers and french books
11.  certain stamps especially alphabet stamps
12.  my new print out word labels
13.  breyer
14.  drawing pencils
15.  glitter
16.  small ephemera
17.  small antiques to do collage on
18.  Black ink pad, and staining inks

But then there are some of the ink colors I don't like, dauber paints I don't care for..

SHARE with someone, maybe even someone online!

No comments:

Post a Comment